A  Wedding  to  Cherish  all  your  Life

My name is Ingrid Heyn. I’m a Registered Marriage Celebrant authorised to officiate at marriages anywhere in Australia.

In Australia, marriage officiants are known as marriage celebrants, and must be both qualified and authorised to solemnise marriages in Australia.

As a Registered Marriage Celebrant, thorough familiarity with the following Acts, Regulations, Guidelines and standards (including remaining au courant with any updates and amendments to Acts, Regulations, etc.) is required:

  • Marriage Act 1961
  • Marriage Regulations 1963
  • Guidelines on the Marriage Act 1961
  • Explanatory Material for Marriage Celebrants
  • Code of Practice for Marriage Celebrants
  • Marriage (Celebrant Registration Charge) Act 2014
  • Marriage Amendment (Celebrant Administration and Fees) Act 2014
  • Migration Act 1958 vols 1 & 2
  • Age Discrimination Act 2004
  • Disability Discrimination Act 1992
  • Racial Discrimination Act 1975
  • Australian Human Rights Commission Act 1986
  • Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission (Transitional Provisions and Consequential Amendments) Act 1986
  • Equal Employment Opportunity (Commonwealth Authorities) Act 1987
  • Defamation Act 2005 (Victoria)
  • Wrongs Act 1958 (Victoria)
  • Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Victoria)
  • Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Victoria))
  • Privacy Act 1988
  • Competition and Consumer Act 2010 vols 1, 2 & 3

Did you know... that when you apply for a partner visa, you must lodge your NOIM (Notice of Intended Marriage) as part of your application? I am able to assist and provide you with a letter in respect of your visa application, stating that you have submitted your NOIM and including the pertinent information. You can lodge your NOIM with me 24 hours of the day, every day of the week (details here).

It is also my responsibility to let enquiring couples know that up-to-date and correct information about applying for a partner visa can only be relied on from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. DIBP’s website has a wealth of information about what prospective partner visas and partner visas are, and how to apply for such visas. A very informative brochure called the Partner Migration booklet can be downloaded from DIBP.

You can download the Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia (Form 40SP) from DIBP. This form 40SP is to be completed by the sponsor of persons applying for a partner category visa either outside Australia or in Australia. If the fiancé(e) or partner you are sponsoring is applying outside Australia, your fiancé(e) or partner will be applying to migrate. If your fiancé(e) or partner is applying in Australia, your fiancé(e) or partner will be applying for permanent residence. In this form, the term ‘migrate’ covers both.

You can also download the Application for migration to Australia by a partner (Form 47SP). Complete this form if you wish to apply for a:

  • Partner visa in Australia (subclass 820/801), OR
  • Partner visa outside Australia (subclass 309/100), OR
  • Prospective Marriage visa outside Australia (subclass 300).

Additionally, you can download the Statutory declaration by a supporting witness relating to a partner visa application. It is strongly suggested you provide three separate Statutory Declarations (that is, by three separate persons.) This form must be completed by a person who:

  • knows the visa applicant and their partner or fiancé(e) and the history of their relationship;
  • is at least 18 years of age; and
  • is an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident.

Note: If the visa applicant is outside Australia and is unable to have an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident complete this form, any person who knows the applicant and their partner or fiancé(e) may also complete this form. The person completing this form must provide evidence of their current name, age and, where applicable, Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency (for example, a certified copy of the birth certificate, Australian passport or passport containing a permanent visa). All copies must be certified.

You can download the booklet Life in Australia from DIBP (in English, Chinese, Arabic, Croatian, Dari, Farsi, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese). This is required reading for anyone wishing to be granted Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency.





Ingrid Heyn, wedding celebrant

No-obligation meeting

Personal service

Best industry standards

State-of-the-art P.A.


   ceremony design

Free forms and
   marriage certificates

Ingrid Heyn, wedding celebrant